each.day.is.a.blessing E01 each.day.is.a.blessing E01

A slow burn, but a good one. Wonderful original art and animation.

Making Wool Benjamin Making Wool Benjamin

This kind of process video is kind of like a speedpaint, I don't really think either belong with the NG movies section, but that's not why I'm giving this 0 stars. The video is upside down, an easy fix and there are 10 minutes of black. The whole thing is totally silent as well.

Sublo & Tangy Mustard #5 - Opposites Sublo & Tangy Mustard #5 - Opposites

Witty dialogue and character interaction. Although the lines look kind of rough, there's lots of good motion going on and the style only appears as though it wasn't made with much thought; though by looking closely you can tell how many frames were actually drawn for each action.
I may have a little bias by loving this series already but the only thing keeping this at a 4 is that I wish it was longer.

Scorched Earth Scorched Earth

Not even remotely a movie, put this on the audio portal.

Jaycartoons: Tennis Jaycartoons: Tennis

This doesn't look very good at all...
BUT
I've gotta give you a lot of credit, it was pretty funny, the voices were on point and unlike a lot of bare bones animations, you did a lot of subtle movements with the characters dependent on what they were saying. I hope to see you improve and make more things!

chibi dipper drawing chibi dipper drawing

I have no idea how the hell in 15 minutes all you accomplished was adding color using the fill bucket 4 times.
You didn't draw anything during this video, it played in real-time for some reason and it does not deserve to be in the movie portal, let alone the public art portal.

The Voice The Voice

Very sad, really awesome rotoscoping though! I hope to be seeing more from you, only wish there was more to it.

DeMantia responds:

Thanks for your very kind comment, I'll get to work on something a bit more consistent very soon

Jimmy Jimmy

He's adorable, really great stop motion, must've taken ages!
I'd rate it higher if there was more plot to it; for what it is, it's fantastic :)

Bedroom Bedroom

Not much going on to review, but if you wanted to make this piece better I'd suggest making the light coming from the door more dynamic. The light fills part of the room in the direction of the man on the computer so it should light his back up similar to the computer screen. And when the blood starts spilling the light is covered up once again until it goes away.

Little details like that tend to sell "believe-ability" which sounds dumb for a cartoon, but really means engaging the viewer.

fattyfatfatto responds:

Thanks for the feedback, this is something I completely missed and I am glad you pointed out. In future work I will keep this in mind. Thank you!

3D Still Life 3D Still Life

It looks good, it's not a movie.
I get you want to show off the 360 view, but this can be done with several high resolution images stitched together using different angles and a comparison shot of the original. You could upload THAT image to the Art Portal under "3D work"