NEWGROUNDS MEETUP | NEW JERSEY 2023
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 13TH
Let’s meet up @ YESTERCADE
29 Division St, Somerville, NJ 08876
Nestled in a closed-off street, in one of the nicest towns in New Jersey, we’ll meet up at my favorite arcade: Yestercade, which is only 80 minutes out from Philly and 60 minutes from NYC. Should you make the trip? Well, it may not be worth flying out for unlike TooManyGames or the Toronto Screening, but I can promise one full day of fun, definitely more for the locals.
------ WALL OF ATTENDANCE ------
@atomicrobo63 @blakenator9872 @blblackmamba @brandybuizel @captainstevie @cheddarexuberant @coby @coolboyman @cryptospore @debisco @elliedoodles343 @evil-sora @imprez @kiyo @leroyalmess @maxgalaxy @MechanicalMantis @MSGhero @nicksenny @ovimanic @pulvite @rappinawful @raviolibox @septicsebi @sirlenward @slowsolid @squidly @superjeffoman @tamag0 @thesteves @tomfulp @vividlance @wegra @yendorng @zaxe7
If you're planning on going, say so in the comments and I'll toss your name up on the list!
What is Yestercade?
- Arcade Cabinets, Retro Games, Modern Consoles, DDR, a Wall of Pinball Machines, Skee-Ball, Air Hockey, Stick Hockey, Billiards and more!
- All of the machines are set to Free Play!!
- Pay $25 for a wrist strap that lets you leave and come back as much as you want
- You can pay hourly, but by 3 hours you might as well get a day pass for $25
- What's it look like inside? You can watch this short vlog from a few years ago…
Although the main location is Yestercade, everything on Main/Division Street in Somerville is a treat: retro game stores, a comic shop, cafes, great food, and a bomb ice cream shop next door!
Never been to a Newgrounds Meetup before?? I’ve been to plenty, people are shy strangers at first, but as the nervousness dies down everyone has an incredible time chatting, gaming, and doodling in sketchbooks together! Here’s some posts from the recent TooManyGames Meetup that might convince you to come!
We’ve got rad event stickers to hand out designed by @SirLenward
Got some tips for the trip?
- Bring a sketchbook, you'll collect some sweet doodles from others as a memento ;)
- Wear Newgrounds Merch if you’ve got it, makes it easy to recognize a new friend!
- Parking in Lots 1 through 8 are $0.50 an hour, but completely free after 7pm
- Parking Lot 4 is closest to the venue, just a short walk through a sketchy alley away
- 16+ is a good age requirement I think, you shouldn’t really be meeting strangers online if you’re younger than that! Your cool newgrounds family isn’t an exception
For some of you coming from further away this is essentially a day trip, let me know if you’re someone who may be looking to stay out real late(arcade closes at 2am) and need a place to crash instead of heading straight home that same night? I’ll look into local hotels and maybe set up a shared pad for a few of you to drive home saturday morning.