Jaycartoons: Tennis Jaycartoons: Tennis

This doesn't look very good at all...
BUT
I've gotta give you a lot of credit, it was pretty funny, the voices were on point and unlike a lot of bare bones animations, you did a lot of subtle movements with the characters dependent on what they were saying. I hope to see you improve and make more things!

chibi dipper drawing chibi dipper drawing

I have no idea how the hell in 15 minutes all you accomplished was adding color using the fill bucket 4 times.
You didn't draw anything during this video, it played in real-time for some reason and it does not deserve to be in the movie portal, let alone the public art portal.

The Voice The Voice

Very sad, really awesome rotoscoping though! I hope to be seeing more from you, only wish there was more to it.

DeMantia responds:

Thanks for your very kind comment, I'll get to work on something a bit more consistent very soon

Jimmy Jimmy

He's adorable, really great stop motion, must've taken ages!
I'd rate it higher if there was more plot to it; for what it is, it's fantastic :)

Bedroom Bedroom

Not much going on to review, but if you wanted to make this piece better I'd suggest making the light coming from the door more dynamic. The light fills part of the room in the direction of the man on the computer so it should light his back up similar to the computer screen. And when the blood starts spilling the light is covered up once again until it goes away.

Little details like that tend to sell "believe-ability" which sounds dumb for a cartoon, but really means engaging the viewer.

fattyfatfatto responds:

Thanks for the feedback, this is something I completely missed and I am glad you pointed out. In future work I will keep this in mind. Thank you!

3D Still Life 3D Still Life

It looks good, it's not a movie.
I get you want to show off the 360 view, but this can be done with several high resolution images stitched together using different angles and a comparison shot of the original. You could upload THAT image to the Art Portal under "3D work"

Epic Fight Epic Fight

Awesome work!
The fight is very well choreographed and the directional lines that replace the character outlines really make every movement feel more fluid.

TOO FAST? TOO FAST?

Not a bad cartoon, not anything new or particularly interesting. My main issue with the animation is that you keep trying to build up on a joke you haven't made.
You never once delivered a reason why Sonic going too fast is actually a problem, you just expect us to agree because it's from a meme, but the meme has nothing to do with this scenario.

Regular Show Fan Animation Regular Show Fan Animation

I love these weird, experimental, almost melty, animations. I highly encourage you to revisit this type of work in the future as you get better and better as an artist and animator!

Pizzaman Pizzaman

1. I don't know how the main character got into this situation, I barely comprehend him taking the pizza boxes to the front porch let alone actually going inside.
2. Kawaii Bob needs to chill, don't blame the messenger, your shitty friends ate it.
3. Nice Game Grumps cameo ;)

That being said this was funny and really well animated. I find it hard to sometimes watch these scenarios like I said above but it was able to suspend my belief enough for me to enjoy the effort that went into this, The movement between and during each sequence was fun and elastic. Great opening background too, wallpaper worthy!

MokkoMia responds:

Thanks for your critic ! I absolutely want to exercise my directing skills more haha.